Can I fully replace GNU Bash with Python?

Devin Jeanpierre jeanpierreda at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 07:11:42 EDT 2011

> Is there a way I can replace the ~/develop/1-build/swift.sh script
> with a ~/develop/1-build/swift.py script, yet still retain the ability
> to work on one major function WITHOUT requiring the other major
> functions and the 1-build directory to be present?

I thought I followed along, but I don't see where the problem is here.
Did you try something and it didn't work, or are you asking if in
principle it can work?

In principle, it can work fine. the mainfunction modules can be
importable modules with some functions, or they can be (like they are
in sh) runnable scripts called by your build script, or whatever. You
can diverge as much as you want from how sh works, or stay as close as
you want, down to the level of only interoperating with other python
modules by invoking them as programs.

Devin