short reading materials about anthropological, universal themes for students with no reading habit ...

lbrt lbrt
Fri Nov 4 13:37:28 EDT 2011

> A few things to note:

> * Not all sites necessarily send the Content-Length header.
> * RTMP URLs would have to be treated differently
~
 No some don't, but at least for the ones that do (like youtube) it would be a useful feature. The Content-Length header is used in the code anyway
~
> * Sending a Range header might allow for a better implementation.
~
 Yes, it would
~
> Why do you want to restrict the filesize of the download in the first
> place? I can't see a use case, but that doesn't mean there isn't one.
~
 OK, I see your point. Say, you have a list of youtube urls, which feeds you want to download using a script or a playlist someone put together, but you don't want to download files that are too large, which may not be of any use to you. For example, I teach and it doesn't make any sense to use a full movie as part of a class set. So I would like for youtube-dl to let me know which files are larger than a given size (and possibly save them in a file) for me to check the files first

 My languages are ANSI C, C++ and java. When I was young and silly would blab girls just because they crossed my way, now I don't like to even look into anything that I don't want to invest my time in on an ongoing basis. I would let people that code python and have a mental map of that code base do it themselves

 lbrtchx