How to get a correct entry in the menu for a Python application on Mac OS X

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Nov 30 13:55:05 EST 2011

Hello,

I am fairly new to Mac OS X and would like to know, what I have to do to
make my Python application show the correct name in the menu bar. What
did I do so far. I created an application package containing the .plist
file with correct entries and a shell script, that starts the correct
Python interpreter with the the main script. The menu bar just shows
Python instead of the name of my application. If you are interested the
application can be found via http://eric-ide.python-projects.org.

Regards,
Detlev
--