Dynamically altering __init__

Kääriäinen Anssi anssi.kaariainen at thl.fi
Sun Nov 13 07:28:16 EST 2011

I wrote:
"""
I will post a link to a complete example once I have done the AST
transformations etc. I hope this will be useful to readers of this list.
I didn't find such an example, so maybe the next asker will find it...
"""

Finally got time to do this. The example can be found at:
https://github.com/akaariai/ast_model

In the example I rewrote a small part of Django's model __init__ to
use:
    self.field1, self.field2, ... = args
instead of:
    for f_name, val in izip(field_names, args):
        setattr(self, f_name, val)

The speedup of that rewrote is about 50% for a model having 10 fields.

The example implementation might not be optimal, but it seems to
work. I hope it will be useful to the readers of this list. It was a nice
learning experience for me.

Thanks for your help,
 - Anssi Kääriäinen