Chaco for real-time plot of PySerial data

Jack Keegan whatsjacksemail at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 18:27:02 EDT 2011

Hi there,

I asked this question on the enthought chaco mailing list some time last by
have yet to receive a reply. Thought I'd ask here to see if anyone could
shed some light on things for me. I have been considering using chaco /
traits for close to a year now and am finally biting the bullet so to
speak. What I would really like to do to begin with is to make a real-time
plotting application which gets its data from the serial port. Can anyone
please point me in the right direction for doing this?

Since I didn't get a reply on the chaco list I'm now thinking it might be a
dangerous route to go down since it will be difficult to get help. Any
recommendations?

Thanks very much,

Jack

--
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers
of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in