Something is rotten in Denmark...

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue May 31 18:39:16 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 7:53 AM, harrismh777 <harrismh777 at charter.net> wrote:
>     Having compared the two, someone please tell me whether the two are
> incompatible, mostly compatible, completely incompatible, or different
> languages...

By implication, every version of Python is incompatible with every
other. The 2.7.1 revision notes include:

- Issue #1713: Fix os.path.ismount(), which returned true for symbolic links
  across devices.

Suppose some program were depending on this bug. It works under 2.7.0,
fails under 2.7.1. Does that mean that 2.7.1 is incompatible with
2.7.0?

Chris Angelico