Beginner needs advice

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue May 31 01:48:34 EDT 2011

Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> writes:

> 	Well... He did say "find the bathroom", not ask for directions to
> whatever euphemism is in current usage (water closet, W/C, loo ?)

The room which contains the bath is the bathroom.

Assuming that the toilet is in the same room as the bath is parochial.

If he wants the toilet, “bathroom” is a euphemism, and he should instead
ask for directions to the toilet.

--
 \          “When we talk to God, we're praying. When God talks to us, |
  `\         we're schizophrenic.” —Jane Wagner, via Lily Tomlin, 1985 |