Beginner needs advice

Jason Tackaberry tack at urandom.ca
Sun May 29 15:28:46 EDT 2011

On 11-05-29 04:06 AM, Ian Kelly wrote:
> I realize you are now asserting that compatibility is a boolean
> condition, and that "totally incompatible" is a redundant phrase that
> you tossed out as a joke.

As a casual lurker reading this thread, I believe he is equating
"completely incompatible" with "not completely compatible."  At least,
his arguments make more sense if I read him as arguing from the "not
completely compatible" position.  It's possible he is intentionally
equivocating for dramatic effect.

But they are different -- both connotatively and denotatively -- and to
argue against the claim that Python 2 and 3 are "completely
incompatible" it seems to me sufficient to provide a single non-trivial
counter-example, which Steven has already done.

Cheers,
Jason.