Why did Quora choose Python for its development?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu May 26 16:03:58 EDT 2011

On 5/26/2011 11:36 AM, John Bokma wrote:

>>> Get a life. Or better, just fuck off and die. It will improve both the
>>> world and the Python community, of which you are nothing but a little,
>>> smelly shitstain.
>>
>> That abuse is entirely unwelcome in this community, against any person.
>> Please desist.
>
> You should have spoken up sooner, especially as the spokes person of
> "this" community. But every bully has is fan club.

I agree that the original impolite comment was just that -- impolite --
and perhaps enough so that it should have been spoken out against. But I
also agree that the quoted response is at least three times as bad,
enough so to understandably push someone to respond. Both comments are
atypical here.

--
Terry Jan Reedy