Link errors embedding Python 3.2

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed May 25 04:53:20 EDT 2011

Followup. I'm now using Python 3.3 straight from Mercurial, and am
seeing the same issues. I've managed to get the compilation step to
succeed by naming the library for full inclusion and adding -lutil
-ldl (sounding rather Donizetti there), and my program runs. However,
it's unable to import all its modules. I can happily import re,
string, and sys, but importing math or time results in an ImportError
citing "undefined symbol: PyExc_ValueError". I think there's still
something I'm mucking up in the link process.

The exception is ImportError, with text:
'/usr/local/lib/python3.3/lib-dynload/time.cpython-33m.so: undefined
symbol: PyExc_ValueError'

Any ideas?

Chris Angelico