Why did Quora choose Python for its development?

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Tue May 24 01:25:42 EDT 2011

From: "Ulrich Eckhardt" <ulrich.eckhardt at dominolaser.com>
> Ahem, is this Java the language that a certain, well-known service
> provider
> is getting screwed over hard currently, because they forgot to read the
> fineprint in the declaration of freedom? And this Objective C, isn't this
> the language that GCC had support for since before it properly supported
> C++, and that on a multitude of targets?

Someone also said that C# can be used under Mono and even though this is
true, C# still remains a proprietary language that can be totally changed if
MS wants that, as well as Objective C can be changed if Apple wants that.
So what matters is if the most important developers for a specific
language/platform are releasing the code as open source or they keep it
proprietary and I don't see a big number of programmers developing code in
C# and Objective C.

About Java... you may be right. :-)

Octavian