Why did Quora choose Python for its development?

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Mon May 23 01:31:06 EDT 2011

From: "Dennis Lee Bieber" <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com>
>Since indentation seems so crucial to easy comprehension of the logical
>structure of a program,
> making it a mandatory syntactical structure becomes a desirable feature
> for code that must be maintained (by others, in many cases).

Why "in many cases"? I wrote hundreads of programs which are working fine
and which are maintained only by me. (But they would be very easy to
maintain by other people if it would be necessary).
So in that case, why to be forced to use a strict indentation?

> As for the dictionary from list... Do not confuse /algorithms/
> selected by the programmer from what is part of the native language.
> Otherwise one could complain that there is more than one way to code a
> spam-filter using Python...

Exactly, I am not talking about a complex task that can be done in many ways
in all programming languages.
I am talking about a simple way of creating a hash/dict from an array, which
is so simple that there should be really a single way to do it, or very few.

Octavian