Abandoning Python

John Lee jjl at pobox.com
Sun May 22 14:26:42 EDT 2011

Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml <at> behnel.de> writes:

> John J Lee, 22.05.2011 17:58:
> > Daniel Kluev writes:
> >> Also, most of these complaints could be solved by using correct python
> >> dialect for particular task - RPython, Cython and so on.
> >
> > Different topic.
>
> Why?

The intended focus was "things other than Python".  RPython and Cython are
languages other than Python, but I regard them as part of the Python, er,
ecosystem.  They have advantages and drawbacks that a lot of us are already
familiar with (even though in your position I imagine you notice the
misconceptions more than the correct ones).  The thought behind my question was
to get Pythonista's opinions about things outside of that.

John