TK program problem

bvdp bob at mellowood.ca
Sat May 21 22:20:22 EDT 2011

> One of the purposes and advantages of Python 3 is having only one class
> system. Best to always use new-style classes in Python 2.2+ unless you
> understand and need old-style classes (and need should be never for most
> people).

Thanks for this. I'll keep it in mind!

One thing I really don't understand ... is there a difference between
the old/new forms:

   class foo:
   class foo():

In cases where I've played with them, they _appear_ to work the same?
Also, where does one find the magic that says that for a tkinter class
you should use:

   class foo(object):

Not really sure where "object" comes from.

Thanks and best,