TK program problem

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Fri May 20 18:33:40 EDT 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 4:12 PM, bvdp <bob at mellowood.ca> wrote:
> Okay, this works. Great and thanks! Seems to me that the way I was
> doing it should be alright ... and I've got some other programs
> exhibiting the same problem.
>
> Before I go "fixing" the issue ... is this known or even a bug?

The docs [1] say that a callback is a function, so I guess that if it
worked before it was just luck.  You should bring it up on the tkinter
list and see what they have to say about it, though.

I'm a bit confused about why you would want to use a class as a
callback anyway.  It looks like when the button is clicked it
instantiates the class and then throws it away?

[1] http://docs.python.org/library/tkinter.html#tk-option-data-types