obviscating python code for distribution

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu May 19 21:33:25 EDT 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 10:56 AM, geremy condra <debatem1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Speaking of reasonable assumptions, one necessary assumption which is
>> particularly dodgy is that whoever deploys and configures it
>> understands all the assumptions and do not break them through ignorance.
>
> Yup. Nothing is safe from idiots.

Which means that the assumption really is that you are evaluating a
system, not a bald piece of code. I don't consider that an assumption.
When you're writing code that you will yourself deploy, you take full
responsibility; when you let other people deploy it, they have to take
ultimate responsibility (although they will legitimately expect you to
provide an install script and/or instructions).

There are idiots in this world.
Have you met them?
Met them? I listen to you every week!
-- The Goon Show, and so absolutely true

Chris Angelico