FW: help please

Stuart MacKay smackay at flagstonesoftware.com
Wed May 18 08:39:31 EDT 2011

On 18/05/2011 12:47, Albert Hopkins wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-05-17 at 21:46 -0300, Gabriel Genellina wrote:
>> En Tue, 17 May 2011 16:48:29 -0300, Albert Hopkins
>> <marduk at letterboxes.org>  escribió:
>>> On Tue, 2011-05-17 at 10:18 -0600, Littlefield, Tyler wrote
>>> I actually, at first glance, thought it was spam, ignored it, and was
>>> wondering why people were replying to it :|
>> I can't remember exactly in which release 'perfect English skills' were
>> added to Python runtime requirements, could you please refresh my memory?
> I can't speak for Tyler (I assume your message was meant for him) but as
> for myself:  I saw a glob of practically unreadable text and simply
> passed it off as spam, concluding that any well-intentioned, moderately
> intelligent human being wouldn't have intentionally posted such a
> monstrosity and actually expected an intelligent response.
>
> I'm guessing Tyler's message was to help you so that your messages don't
> continue to be ignored by people who may otherwise be of assistance.

Sure the English wasn't the best but there was enough information in the
post to identify the likely source of the problem - with a little help
from my favourite search engine - and give the guy/gal some ideas of
where to look for a solution.

If you were required to answer the question then asking the poster to
phrase it better is going to help solve the issue faster but for a
mailing list like this simply ignore it.

Stuart