English Idiom in Unix: Directory Recursively

Peter Moylan invalid at peter.pmoylan.org.invalid
Wed May 18 08:19:16 EDT 2011

Harrison Hill wrote:
> On May 18, 7:06 am, rusi <rustompm... at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I could continue down 2,3,4 but really it may be worthwhile if the
>> arguers first read the wikipedia disambiguation pages on recursion...
>
> No need - I have the Dictionary definition of recursion here:
>
> Recursion: (N). See recursion.

It's interesting to note that the definitions of 'recursive' to be found
in Wikipedia and Wiktionary have very little in common with the
definitions to be found in the dictionaries covered by Onelook.  No
wonder experts in different areas have trouble communicating with one
another.

--
Peter Moylan, Newcastle, NSW, Australia.      http://www.pmoylan.org
For an e-mail address, see my web page.