Having a problem getting python working...

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Tue May 17 17:46:32 EDT 2011

In article <6E09A0F4-B9A6-4C9F-874B-CB6E21EF7A45 at gmail.com>,
 Chris Paton <chrispaton2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not sure if this is the right place to put this (forgive me for my ignorance,
> I'm looking everywhere!). I'm having a problem getting IDLE working. I'm
> working off Mac OSX 10.6.7 with Python 3.2 installed and I installed
> Activetcl 8.5.9 as recommended. IDLE is still crashing at random moments -
> but it kept crashing. There's no official report; I just get the spinning
> beach ball then have to force quit. I'm quite new to all of this so any help
> would be extremely appreciated. Need to get into this ASAP as I need to do
> some stuff for my thesis project!

Sorry for the late response but if you can document how to reproduce the
crashes or have a crash report that would be great.  But, first, are you
sure you were using IDLE 3.2 and not the Apple-supplied IDLE 2.6 in OS X
10.6?  The latter will definitely exhibit that behavior.  If you are
installed Python 3.2 from one of the python.org installers, IDLE 3.2
will be available in /Applications/Python 3.2/ or as
/usr/local/bin/idle3.2.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org