FW: help please

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue May 17 08:17:10 EDT 2011

En Tue, 17 May 2011 06:43:51 -0300, hamed azarkeshb
<hamed3099 at hotmail.com> escribió:

> hi dearinwant to useautomation with catiaby python,but i dont know,how
> do we can creat catsafearrayvariant in python?please help me.i need
> urhelp by one example.thank u forany thing

There are two sides when you want to use automation with Python:

* learn how to do automation by itself, how COM works, how to invoke a COM
server from Python. This is mostly application-independent. A good
resource is "Python Programming in Win32" book by Mark Hammond. Chapter 5
"Introduction to COM" is exactly what you need, and is available for
preview in Google Books:
http://books.google.com.ar/books?id=fzUCGtyg0MMC&lpg=PA65&pg=PA65#v=onepage&f=false

* learn how to use the actual objects exposed by the desired application.
Usually, documentation is available for VBA or other languages, but can be
easily translated into Python terms.

So I'd say you first read the book, then search the documentation about
CATSafeArrayVariant and see how to create it, and then translate that into
Python. Feel free to post any problem you encounter, a better place would
be the python-win32 list:

Good luck!
--
Gabriel Genellina