checking if a list is empty

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Mon May 16 01:56:03 EDT 2011

On May 16, 2:36 am, Terry Reedy <tjre... at udel.edu> wrote:
> On 5/15/2011 1:33 PM, rusi wrote:
>
> > On May 15, 10:07 am, Steven D'Aprano<steve
> > +comp.lang.pyt... at pearwood.info>  wrote:
>
> >> I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean. Can you explain please, what
> >> properties of "first class booleans" do you think are missing from Python?
>
> Given the usual CS definition of 'first class object', all Python
> objects are first class. But that does not preclude other definitions.
>
> <snipped>
>
> What CS definition?

Perhaps your definition matches the wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-class_object

And I am using the extended definition on the talk page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:First-class_object#Is_it_is.2C_or_is_it_aint.3F

[Evidently the arguments of this thread are repeatedly played out
elsewhere :-; ]