TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 1 positional argument (2 given)

Gnarlodious gnarlodious at gmail.com
Mon May 16 00:30:06 EDT 2011

I don't have a trace because I am using mod_wsgi under Apache. Maybe
there is a way to debug using mod_wsgi but I haven't been able to
figure out how.

My problem is that in order to run mod_wsgi I had to downgrade to
Python 3.1.3 which may be causing the problem. This website was
running fine in Py3.2.

I did find an explanation that sounds like this is an intentional
deprecation in Python:
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/625083/python-init-and-self-what-
do-they-do>
<http://svn.python.org/view?revision=54539&view=revision>

It looks like we are now expected to initialize instance variables
with a setter statement?

-- Gnarlie