Get the IP address of WIFI interface

Jun Hu hujun.work at gmail.com
Sun May 15 15:23:14 EDT 2011

Thanks for the tip, it is really helpful!
however the class of Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration doesn't include the
interface type (you can NOT tell if it is a wifi interface), so I change the
code a bit like following:

import wmi

wlan_int_id=None
for nic in wmi.WMI().Win32_NetworkAdapter():
    if nic.NetConnectionID == "Wireless Network Connection":
        wlan_int_id=nic.Index
        break

if wlan_int_id<>None:
    for nic in wmi.WMI ().Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration (IPEnabled=1):
        if nic.Index==wlan_int_id:
            print nic.IPAddress[0]
else:
    print "WLAN interface NOT Found"