checking if a list is empty

Gregory Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Fri May 13 22:26:08 EDT 2011

Ian Kelly wrote:
> If a math major comes to you wanting to learn some
> programming for theorem-proving, bearing in mind that they probably
> aren't interested in learning more than a single language,

I would question whether theorem-proving is the *only*
thing they will ever want to do with a programming language.

If they really only want to learn one language, it would
be better to learn the one with the widest field of
applicability. I'd hazard to guess that writing a theorem
prover in Python would be a more practical proposition
than writing a script to automate processing his LaTeX
papers in Haskell.

--
Greg