Parsing a graph image

Ulrich Eckhardt ulrich.eckhardt at dominolaser.com
Fri May 13 08:01:48 EDT 2011

Bastian Ballmann wrote:
> I am searching for a library to parse data from a graph in an image file
> something like http://pytseries.sourceforge.net/_images/yahoo.png
> Any suggestions, hints, links?

I'm not sure I understand 100% what you want. If you want to extract
("parse") the data that is contained in an image file, I have no clue how to
do that.

However, if you want to create such images and you already have the data,
that should be as easy as picking the right library for that. I did a short
search of Packages available for Debian and it gave me these:

python-magics++ - python support for Magics++
python-matplotlib - Python based plotting system in a style similar to
Matlab
python-mpmath - library for arbitrary-precision floating-point arithmetic
python-plplot - Python support for PLplot, a plotting library
python-qwt3d-qt3 - Python bindings of the QwtPlot3D library
python-qwt3d-qt4 - Python bindings of the QwtPlot3D library
python-qwt5-qt3 - Python version of the Qwt5 technical widget library
python-qwt5-qt4 - Python version of the Qwt5 technical widget library
python-pybiggles - Scientific plotting package for Python
python-chaco - interactive plotting application toolkit
python-gnuplot - A Python interface to the gnuplot plotting program
python-pychart - Python library for creating high quality charts
python-simpy - python-based simulation package
python-scitools - Python library for scientific computing
python-sympy - Computer Algebra System (CAS) in Python
python-viper - minimalistic scientific plotter and run-time visualization
module

Good luck!

Uli

--