Non Programming in python

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Thu May 12 23:53:19 EDT 2011

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 5:57 PM, Calvin Spealman <ironfroggy at gmail.com>wrote:

> If this is the "non-programming side of python" then maybe some of us have
> a lacking definition of what "programming" is.  My mechanic stilll has to
> check the tire pressure and I need to update the version number in PyPI.

O well you dont like the term 'non-programming'? As I said neither do I...

On May 10, 2011 12:46 PM, "rusi" <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for a silly subject change: A better one will be welcome -- cant
> think of a name myself.
>
> Maybe another way of describing this list may be
1. Programming from 'inside' or 'under' python
and
2. The rest of it which is outside/surrounding the python interpreter

Because 1 is mostly called 'programming' and 2 has no name, 2 gets neglected
more than it should.

Or take any python book and browse the contents.  What will you find?
Python data structures, Python control structures, OOP in python, advanced
function topics, scopes, modules, exceptions etc -- almost all the 'inside'
stuff well organized, with the outside stuff strewn around in hard-to-find
corners of the index (if at all).

Does that reflect the reality of python's actual learning curve?