py3k buffered IO - flush() required between read/write?

Genstein genstein at invalid.invalid
Thu May 12 16:38:53 EDT 2011

On 12/05/2011 20:44, Terry Reedy wrote:
> I want people to know that with a simple, minimal, easy to run and
> reproduce and think about test case posted, more info, more test cases,
> and probable fixes were posted within an hour. (Fixes are not always
> that quick, but stripping away irrelevancies really helps speed the
> process.)

A very good point. I'm extremely impressed with the speed and deftness
which the bug was handled once raised. Hats off to the people involved.

I should have posted a short test case initially, but I knew it would
take some time for me to produce and didn't want to go that far if it
was clear to everyone but me that flushes were required by design :)

Thanks again,
	-eg.