checking if a list is empty

Hans Georg Schaathun hg at schaathun.net
Thu May 12 01:20:37 EDT 2011

On Wed, 11 May 2011 20:16:01 -0700 (PDT), alex23
  <wuwei23 at gmail.com> wrote:
:  Hans Georg Schaathun <h... at schaathun.net> wrote:
: > Revolutionary indeed, so why don't we exploit the revolution
: > and write the programs to be as accessible as possible?
:
:  Where do you draw the line, though?

I said that, "as possible".  You draw it at the limit of possibility.

:  No decorators, as they're not intuitively obvious? No custom
:  descriptors, as that requires a deeper knowledge of Python internals
:  that utter ignorance allows?

When they help clarify or simplify the code, they are good.
When they do nothing of the sort, they aren't.

:  Both of those aspects alone seem far more complex and advanced than
:  treating empty collections as False.

Probably, but they also seem far more useful.

--
:-- Hans Georg