checking if a list is empty

harrismh777 harrismh777 at charter.net
Wed May 11 23:53:45 EDT 2011

alex23 wrote:
>> through intuitive language skills.  Why not?
> Because the vast majority of them don't seem to want to be bothered?

That could very well be... but I have a hope for them. I honestly think
its not because they don't want to be bothered, rather they just think
its too far past them...   and not do-able.

This is where I think it would be helpful at the undergraduate level to
insist that *all* students learn some programming (and yes, using
Python). Actually, I am thinking that it would be great to begin this in
grade school. But then, I'm also one of those Americans who believe that
every student should learn at least (1) non-English language beginning
in 1st grade--- mandatory. <sigh>   (of course others are just hoping
they learn English...)

kind regards,
m harris