checking if a list is empty

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Wed May 11 10:33:51 EDT 2011

On Wed, 11 May 2011 11:47:42 +0100
Hans Georg Schaathun <hg at schaathun.net> wrote:
> However, programming is often as much about developing ideas in a large
> and complex community, where perfect universal mastery of one language
> is not an option, because half the community do not normally use that
> language or aren't really programmers at all.  The less you assume about
> the skill of the reader, the better it is.

Non-programmers should be able to program?

Should non-doctors be able to doctor?  Should cars be built so that
anyone can intuitively fix them without a mechanic?  Should trucks be
built so that drivers don't have to learn how to split shift?  Why is
programming so different that we can't expect people to actually learn
their discipline?

This discussion is giving me some insight into some of the crap
programming I see these days.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves