Python IDE/text-editor

JussiJ jussij at zeusedit.com
Fri May 6 00:39:36 EDT 2011

On Apr 16, 1:20 pm, Alec Taylor <alec.tayl... at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm looking for an IDE which offers syntax-highlighting,
> code-completion, tabs,

The Zeus editor does offers all these features:

    http://www.zeusedit.com/

Zeus is also scriptable and Zeus scripts can be written in Python.

Zeus also does Python smart indenting and code folding.

> an embedded interpreter and which is portable

Zeus does not have an embedded Python interpreter, but by using
something like tee.exe it should be possible to emulate this:

    http://www.zeusedit.com/zforum/viewtopic.php?t=3156

> (for running from USB on Windows).

Zeus is a Windows editor but it is not a Protable application.

NOTE: Zeus is shareware.

Jussi Jumppanen
Author: Zeus for Windows