What other languages use the same data model as Python?

Hans Georg Schaathun hg at schaathun.net
Tue May 3 08:39:24 EDT 2011

On 01 May 2011 08:45:51 GMT, Steven D'Aprano
:  Python uses a data model of "name binding" and "call by object" (also
:  known as "call by sharing"). I trust I don't need to define my terms, but
:  just in case:

Without having the time to get my hand around exactly what this means:
Simula has three ways of transmitting arguments, namely transmission
by name, by value, and by reference.  Is transmission by name the same
as call by object?  Anyway, I have never seen anyone counting more than
three ways of doing this ...

--
:-- Hans Georg