PIL Question

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun May 1 22:50:52 EDT 2011

On 5/1/2011 9:00 PM, Chris Rebert wrote:

> I would think to a file named "screen_capture.jpg" in the current
> working directory. What that is for IDLE, I don't know.

At least on windows with 3.2, if one just starts up the shell, it is in
the Pythonxy directory. If one runs a file from an edit window, it
changes to the directory of the file, so it operates much as if one had
run with the command python -i file.py in the directory of file.py.

> You can
> determine what folder that is by running this in your Python shell:
>
> from os import getcwd; print(getcwd())

Yes, this gives two different answers in the two cases noted above.

--
Terry Jan Reedy