python in school notebooks/laptops

John Thornton secretelf77 at gmail.com
Mon May 30 06:15:49 EDT 2011

Hello
        Is it a waste of time to try to get school admins to put python in
their school laptops?

       OK. Here's the crib for the rest[!] of the world. Here in Australia
most secondary schools [that is kids from age approx 12-18] have some sort
of netbook/laptop program. I have looked at a few schools and they put
visual basic in  but not python. [unless of course it's a mac where python
may already be in it] . This is a curious omission when Blender needs python
to run.

      So, I emailed a school admin and told him about python, gimp, inkscape
and blender.

      Have I wasted my time?