How to Use Setuptools, Alternatives?

ray ray at aarden.us
Sun May 29 17:41:47 EDT 2011

I have Python 2.7 on Win7 Pro on a tightly locked down desktop.  I
would like to install Networkx from an egg.  From what I have read,
Setuptools can be used for this.

I don't know how to install Setuptools.  The exe will not work.  On
execution, it reports that the Python version is not included in the
registry.  Further, I can not input the version and location on the
subsequent installation screen, the fields will not accept focus so I
can not input the values.

Since the exe will not install, I considered using the Setuptools
egg.  But it requires Setuptools.  It appears to be a circle.

What are some suggestions for installing this?

Thanks,
ray