Python 3.2 Idle doesn't start. No error message.

markrrivet at aol.com markrrivet at aol.com
Tue May 24 08:01:26 EDT 2011

Hello all. I have Python 2.71 installed on my Windows 7 laptop and it
runs fine. I was having a problem with Python 3.2, 32bit, not starting
with an error message saying this application has quit abnormally.
That was fixed when I took the PYTHONPATH statement out of my
environment variables. However, now when I try to start Idle, I can
see some hard drive activity, but Idle for Python 3.2 does not start;
nothing happens. Any clues as to the problem here?