setuptools for 64-bit 2.7.1 on 64-bit Windows 7?

Dick Bridges Dick.Bridges at wdc.com
Fri May 6 13:43:08 EDT 2011

Hi all,

Can someone provide some search terms I can use to find guidelines for
installing modules for my 'stock' 64-bit r 271:86832, Nov 27, 2010 [MSC
v.1500 64 bit (AMD)] on Win32. Host is 64-bit Windows 7.

My goal is to install suds. Period. That's all. So far I've spent the better
part of two days trying to figure out how to make

    python setup.py install

actually work. Current error involves "...no module named setuptools" and,
of course all I can find is the 32-bit setuptools-0.6c11.win32-py2.7.exe
which fails with "Python version 2.7 required, which was not found in the
registry."

There's nothing new here - all of this has appeared in various forums over
the last few years - but none I have found contains an actual answer.

Simple question: Is it true that no setuptools (or any other module
installer) exists for 64-bit python 2.7.1? If there is an installer that
works, what terms might I use to Google for information on how to acquire
and install it?

                             Regards,

           Dick Bridges

  (\(\     Western Digital

¸". ..

 (  . .)  The opinions and data in this missive are my own and do not
necessarily

|   ° ¡  represent Western Digital positions, strategies, or opinions.

¿     ;

c?".UJ"   Glenda: http://glenda.cat-v.org/gallery/
<http://glenda.cat-v.org/gallery/>