Alias for an attribute defined in a superclass

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Mar 31 20:57:18 EDT 2011

Calvin Spealman <ironfroggy at gmail.com> writes:

> Sounds like you're just going to end up with more confusing code
> having multiple ways to refer to the exact same thing. Why?

(Why did you top-post?)

I'm defining aliases to conform to an existing API. The “Foo” class's
attributes are what is needed, but not by the right names. So I'm making
a subclass “Bar” to provide those same attributes by the names required
by the third-party API.

--
 \      “He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of |
  `\        me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not |