Directly Executable Files in Python

CM cmpython at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 13:19:27 EDT 2011

> it has to be reproducing the byte code
> interpreter in the code segment and the byte code in the data segment...
> so that each .exe file created by said process is actually loading an
> entire copy of at least the byte code interpreter with each program
> "compiled" ...

Yes, if you think of it as a handy packager and not a compiler, it
makes sense.

> can't be very efficient??

How do you define efficient?  All I know is that it works well.  You
click on
the .exe and a moment later you are running the application despite
not having
Python installed on your computer.  I'm grateful for its existence.

Che