python 2.7.1 "serial" vs "pyserial"

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Mar 25 16:23:24 EDT 2011

On 3/25/2011 7:27 AM, bruce bushby wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there any difference between the "serial" module in Python 2.7.1 and
> "pyserial 2.5" ?

When asking about 3rd party modules, it may help to give a reference to
the site or download page on pypi. (And one should also check to package
specific lists or help address.) For anything like i/o that interacts
with the system, specifying platform/os may also help.

> I can "import serial" without any issues....but when I follow code
> examples my scripts complain:
> "TypeError: readline() takes no keyword arguments"

Actual code and traceback may help anyone to respond.

> However lots of scripts
> "import serial"
> and then
> "ser.readline(size=None, eol=chr(13))"

This would not execute. Did you mean serial.readline...?

--
Terry Jan Reedy