why memoizing is faster

Andrea Crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 08:28:22 EDT 2011

"eryksun ()" <eryksun at gmail.com> writes:
> See Pep 232: http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0232
>
> Also, see the discussion thread on Python-Dev:
>
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2000-April/thread.html#3282
>
> I don't think self-referenced static variables (as in C's "static"
> declaration) are discussed as a use case. Nonetheless, I've seen it
> done. For example:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/338101/python-function-attributes-uses-and-abuses/338420#338420

Ah ok I see the PEP, but actually it's a bit strange that in the PEP
they don't include any effective possible use of it, isn't it?

They normally always have some examples of why and what you can do with
it.
And by the way the first link is broken in the pep
http://www.neustar.biz/python/workshops/1998-11/proceedings/papers/aycock-little/aycock-little.html

Where should that be notified?
I was wondering some time ago, but big knowledge bases like this should
not have some kind of "check_validity_of_links" function, which checks
if you really get something from the pages that you link to?