"in house" pypi?

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Thu Mar 24 08:07:42 EDT 2011

Am 24.03.2011 12:49, schrieb Billy Earney:
> Another possible solution, would be to use urlimport
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/urlimport/
> <http://pypi.python.org/pypi/urlimport/>if the packages are 100% python (no
> c, etc), you could create a single repository, serve that via a web server,
> and users could easy import modules without even installing them..

At work we keep all third party and pure Python packages in our svn
repository. It's a practical solution that makes deployment and tracking
of changes very easy. We also have a full installation of Python 2.6 and
JRE including extension modules in our svn. Only on Unix we install
Python and extension from source. It's a rather practical solution.

Christian