Python 3.2 Debug build

Willis Cheung wcheung at pdftron.com
Tue Mar 22 18:25:32 EDT 2011

Thanks for your answers. Just to make sure I do it correctly, is it the CPython package on http://hg.python.org the one which I should be downloading? Thanks again

Willis

From: Santoso Wijaya [mailto:santoso.wijaya at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 6:05 PM
To: Willis Cheung
Cc: python-list at python.org
Subject: Re: Python 3.2 Debug build

Looks like something tripped over whitespaces in path names for svn tools. Try checking out a working copy from the hg repository?

~/santa

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Willis Cheung <wcheung at pdftron.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to build the debug version of Python 3.2. I downloaded the py3k folder from the python SVN. Then I opened the pcbuild.sln and tried to build the "python" project. However the build failed when I got an error from the project "pythoncore" which I think "python" depends on? The error is:

Cannot open source file: 'C:\Program Files\py3k\PCbuild\Win32-temp-Debug\pythoncore\\getbuildinfo2.c': No such file or directory.

The log also mentioned the following couple lines before:

5>"C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\subwcrev.exe" .. ..\Modules\getbuildinfo.c "C:\Program Files\py3k\PCbuild\Win32-temp-Debug\pythoncore\\getbuildinfo2.c"
5>'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

I did get the debug build of python 2.7.1 and 3.1.3 to work successfully so I'm not quite sure if I'm supposed to do anything different for Python 3.2. Can anyone guide me on this? Thank you.