Abend with cls.__repr__ = cls.__str__ on Windows.

J Peyret jpeyret at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 01:47:44 EDT 2011

On Mar 18, 6:55 pm, Carl Banks <pavlovevide... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 18, 5:31 pm, J Peyret <jpey... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If I ever specifically work on an OSS project's codeline, I'll post
> > bug reports, but frankly that FF example is a complete turn-off to
> > contributing by reporting bugs.
>
> You probably shouldn't take it so personally if they don't agree with
> you.  But it's ok, it's not unreasonable to call attention to (actual)
> bugs here.

No, I didn't take the refusal personally at all, though it seemed
kinda glib to xhtml-not-hmtl out of a bug.  Such is life.

What I object to is getting auto-spammed for years after that because
I was silly enough to enter my email on their database and then being
notified about every single event on that bug.

> I was surprised, though, when several people confirmed but no one
> reported it, especially since it was a crash, which is quite a rare
> thing to find.  (You should feel proud.)
>
> Carl Banks

Yes, that's why I reported it.  Python is extremely stable so it
seemed worthwhile.  And I figured someone on the list would know its
bug quotient.

Impressed that there is already a bit of a proposed approach on the
entry to fix it, you guys are great.

But... I rather thought __repr__ was going to disappear in 3.x, with
just __str__ sticking around.