PEP for module naming conventions

Jonathan Gossage jgossage at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 13:56:21 EDT 2011

I have found this approach problematic if you have packages separately
developed and maintained in different directory trees, resulting in
more than one PYTHONPATH entry with the same root metapackage name.
What happens is that only the first entry in the PYTHONPATH containing
the metapackage name is looked in for package/module resolution. Do
you have any suggestions for handling this kind of packaging?