possible to run a python script without installing python?

David Jackson davidj411 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 11:02:42 EDT 2011

i need to run a python script on any arbitrary server and don't want to do
an actual installation. i figured i could do a clean install on my machine
and install whatever libraries would be needed, then zip them all up for
remote deployment. to avoid bloating, i am wondering which files i can
safely omit.