alphanumeric list

yqyq22 yqyq22 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 16 05:59:59 EDT 2011

On Mar 15, 2:15 pm, yqyq22 <yqy... at hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 15, 11:02 am, Laurent Claessens <moky.m... at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Le 15/03/2011 09:10, yqyq22 a crit :
>
> > > Hi all,
> > > I would like to put an alphanumeric string like this one
> > > EE472A86441AF2E629DE360 in a list, then iterate inside the entire
> > > string lenght and change each digit with a random digit.
> > > Do u have some suggestion? thanks a lot
>
> > This can be a way to begin :
>
> > s="EE472A86441AF2E629DE360"
> > for a in s:
> >     print a
>
> > The following is a very basic trick to build a list <t> containing the
> > elements of the string <s>
>
> > s="EE472A86441AF2E629DE360"
> > t=[]
> > for a in s:
> >     t.append(a)
>
> > All that you have to change is t.append(a) into something that
> > tests if a is a number and append something else in that case.
>
> > Depending what you want, you can even do
>
> > s.replace("1","ONE").replace("2","TWO").replace("3","FIVE")
>
> > This is however far from being random ;)
>
> > Have good tests
> > Laurent
>
> Laurent thanks a lot very much!!! really appreciated it.. now i have a
> good start point thanks again- Hide quoted text -

Something like that but it append A to each element of the string

string = "EE472B"
t = []
for x in string[:]:
        print t.append("A")   #i don't want to append A, the final
result is EAEA4A7A2ABA
            # i would like to substitute each element with a random
string

How i can use the random module in this case? Thanks