Multiprocessing.Process Daemonic Behavior

James Mills prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
Tue Mar 15 23:19:36 EDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 12:34 PM, John L. Stephens
<lists.jkstephens at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would have expected the daemonic children processes to terminate with the
> parent process, regardless of how the parent process terminates, either
> normally or forcefully.

As I understand it. If you forcibly kill the parent process
with the KILL signal then any child procesases that were
created become zombies. You also can't handle the KILL
signal in your application (nor can the multiprocessing library)
and so it therefore cannot cleanup  and terminate any child
processes in the normal way.

cheers
James

--