organizing many python scripts, in a large corporate environment.

booklover bnsmith at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 15:24:43 EDT 2011

> Is everyone really happy with this?

I'm not happy with this. In fact, if Python 3.3 came out with a
solution for this problem, it would be a major motivation for me to
migrate.

I don't think that it would take much to fix either. Perhaps if Python
looked in the current directory for ".pth" files? Instead of having
some boiler-plate at the top of every file, you could specify your
paths there. I haven't thought about it enough to know that this idea
specifically is the best way to go, but it would be nice if there were
some way of solving this cleanly.