Purely historic question: VT200 text graphic programming

Martin Gregorie martin at address-in-sig.invalid
Sat Mar 12 15:38:19 EST 2011

On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 17:11:37 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:

> The point I was trying to make was that the 240 was a
> superset of the 220, and could be used identically as the 220 was used.

Fair enough: I bow to hands-on experience.

My source - http://vt100.net/vt_history - Says "There is no VT200 as
such; the VT220 is a text terminal, while the VT240 and VT241 are
graphics terminals, supporting Digital’s ReGIS graphics and Tektronix
vector graphics." which I read to mean that a 240/241 wouldn't accept the
same command set as the 220.

--
martin@   | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK